If you need to respond to my emails or contact me, please do so by using the jhackett@sau16.org email just like you have been doing instead of responding to this blog. You could also reach me at 772-5413 ext. 152. Thank you. I do enjoy hearing from you!
Photos will be posted to the Flickr site to the right of this post next week. I am sure you will enjoy seeing pictures of your child and their classmates throughout the year!
When viewing these posts it is important to click on the words "The Lobster Class" at the top of this post when the email is sent to you. This will allow you to have to have full access to the blog and be able to view the photos.
We have had a busy two weeks getting to know our classmates, routines, and school rules. I am sure your child has come home exhausted and will continue to do so for a little longer until they are used to the longer school days and routines. This is very normal and they will adjust soon.
I may from time to time ask for classroom supplies. Right now we are in need of foaming hand soap. We have been washing our hands four times a day since the beginning of the year and foaming hand soap makes this process easier. Thank you in advance!
I will often provide questions for you to ask your child about school. Here are some for now.
1. How many syllables are in your name? What is the sum of syllables in your first and last name all together?
2. What was your classroom job this past week?
3. How many letters are in the alphabet?
4. What is a bucket filler?
5. What is the series My Father's Dragon about so far?
6. How do you play Four Corners?
7. Can you tell me a few facts you learned about lobsters and lobstering?
8. What are your five, classroom mini iPads like?
9. How do you practice fire drills?
These questions should help you learn about our classroom and the activities your child is completing.
Picture Day has been rescheduled for October 10th. An order form will go home soon!
Curriculum Night is scheduled for September 26th from 6:30-7:30. This is a night for parents to learn about your child's classroom, expectations, curriculum, and routines.
Mystery Reader is a great time for you to volunteer to read to our class! You provide me with five clues about yourself which I read to the students the morning you are our Mystery Reader. The students are excited all day to find out who will be the Mystery Reader. Even grandparents can participate. You could bring your favorite children's book or I could provide one for you. Because of our rotating six day schedule this year, Mystery Reader will take place once a week on any day of the week. Just let me know which day of the week works for you, and I will be sure to schedule you on that day. Usually parents volunteer once or twice throughout the year for this activity. No worries if it doesn't fit into your schedule. There will be other opportunities to volunteer throughout the year! Mystery Reader will be from 2:30-2:45! Please let me know by Friday which day of the week works for you, and I will schedule you once or twice for the year.
It has been fun getting to know your child!
No comments:
Post a Comment